Name:
Location: Madrid, Spain

I love eating Golden Delicious apples with peanut butter. I shop too much, drive an old car, and save my Starbucks money for traveling. Disillusioned women writers are my inspiration, especially Sylvia Plath and Sara Teasdale. I adore used book stores and fleamarkets.

1.12.2008

Second day?

I´m a little confused what day it is. I think it´s Saturday, which actually makes it the third day since I arrived. Here are some observations since arriving:

1. Spaniards look at your shoes before anything else
2. Little dogs abound, and the women put on lipstick to walk them in the park
3. Old ladies like good coats and heels
4. Some people will persist in talking to you, even when they know you don´t understand. And they don´t like to speak ¨mas despacio¨

Well, that´s about it. Shallow observations, yes. It´s all I got right now. Today I´m exploring the older part of town, looking for museums and strange sights. So far I´ve seen a lot of Rebaja, which means ¨huge sale after Christmas that lasts only until March.¨ I don´t yet know what tomorrow holds (one day at a time is all I can handle), but Monday hopefully holds a job interview or two. (!)

Adios!
Eva

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home