Name:
Location: Madrid, Spain

I love eating Golden Delicious apples with peanut butter. I shop too much, drive an old car, and save my Starbucks money for traveling. Disillusioned women writers are my inspiration, especially Sylvia Plath and Sara Teasdale. I adore used book stores and fleamarkets.

3.23.2006

hiding in used book stores

Applying for jobs is bad. I am depressed every time I check the "full-time" box when asked what kind of job I'm looking for. Of course, that's been only once because jobs in northern Colorado publishing houses are harder to get than were previously thought. People think tacking the name "Rocky Mountain Publishing" onto their garage makes them a reputable publishing house, I guess. Although it was funny when the guy came out in red flannel pants to tell me he's not hiring.

So. Now contemplating tutoring alongside a possible part-time job at coffeeshop or used bookstore. Yes? No? Also, being told I should start my own used book store, although I'm not sure I want that kind of commitment. Open to suggestions for anything except what my dad so affectionately calls McDogfood.

Until then, I'm hiding out in used bookstores. Practicing for a future part-time career, right? I had a thrill today spending my clothes money on Fitzgerald, Sinclair Lewis, Joseph Conrad, Jack Kerouac, Camus, Woolf, Flannery O'Connor, Steinbeck, George Sand, and Doestoyevsky. Perhaps too much for one day, but I can't ever apologize for buying books. Who needs new summer clothes, anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home